Short Inpirational Quotes
Huge list of some great quotes from your favorite people, movies, and shows.
Here are some great quotes for you to enjoy.
List of quotes to use from shows and movies
I love coming up with cheesy quotes from shows and movies to put in cards and emails. Life goes so quick but it is still a good idea to put together a nice quotes list. Here are some Short Inpirational Quotes items I have now:
- “There are no menial jobs, only menial attitudes.”
William J. Bennett, The Death of Outrage: Bill Clinton and the Assault on American Ideals
- “History, of course, is never real. People either glorify it or horrify it. Or at the very least color it.”
Paula Wall, The Rock Orchard
“I am the Olympics.”
Dave Eggers, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
“Give your brain a break and read a book.”
- “Emotions are like muscles. Most of them go highly unattended, it's usually the weaker, undefined ones that cause injury to the rest, and there is most certainly memory response in play.”
“Only a genius can overlook the chaos”
“They're hungry for something they know nothing about, but we, we know all too well that the price of fame is the loss of privacy.”
“It's not how you look, it's how you feel in the dark”
Paula Wall, The Rock Orchard
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Eddison
- A day without sunshine is like, you know, night. Steve Martin
- Life is like a sewer… what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. Tom Lehrer
- What matters is not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight of the dog.
Coach Bear Bryant
- No day should pass without something being done.
- Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right. Isaac Asimov
- Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Truman Capote
- People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily. Zig Ziglar
- If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito. Dalai Lama
- Change is not a four letter word… but often your reaction to it is!8 Jeffrey Gitomer
- If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
- You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
- If you’re going to be thinking, you may as well think big.
- Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
- Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
- People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
- A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure
- Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
- Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
- Try to be like the turtle – at ease in your own shell.
- Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that. Ellen Degeneres8
- Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not.
- Vaclav Havel
- I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell.
- Harry S Truman
- Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.
- Mark Twain
- I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened.
- Mark Twain
- When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’
- I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
- Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
- If you’re going to be able to look back on something and laugh about it, you might as well laugh about it now. Marie Osmond
- There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.
- Life is like photography. You need the negatives to develop.
- A committee is a group that keeps the minutes and loses hours.
- Milton Berle
- It's okay to look at the past and the future. Just don't stare.
- There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through... There needs to be a monster truck option.
- Jeph Jacques
- Laughter is a weapon of mass construction.
- Kat Caverly
- I’m bored’ is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless; it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say ‘I’m bored. Louis C. K.
- Life is a blank canvass, and you need to throw all the paint on it you can. Danny Kaye
- If you hit the target every time it’s too near or too big. Tom Hirshfield
- There’s never enough time to do all the nothing you want.
- If you end up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
- I have a simple philosophy: Fill what’s empty. Empty what’s full. Scratch where it itches.
Alice Roosevelt Longworth
- Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.
- I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.
- Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing ’til it gets there.
- When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye.
- Good things come to those who wait… greater things come to those who get off their ass and do anything to make it happen. Unknown
- Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.
- Edison failed 10, 000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times.
- Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: If you’re alive it isn’t.
- I’ll probably never fully become what I wanted to be when I grew up, but that’s probably because I wanted to be a ninja princess.
- By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day.
- My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I’ve finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already. Dave Barry
- Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost.
- If you fall, I’ll always be there.
- Focus, focus, focus! What am I, a telescope?!
- I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
- “A lot of men tend to want "models"
I tell men, unless they look like a model themselves, they can't expect to land one.”
Trisha Ventker, Internet Dates from Hell
“When you have failed at being nice, you’ve actually succeeded in being mean. Success is everywhere if you know where to look for it.”
“When you write from your gut and let the stuff stay flawed and don't let anybody tell you to make it better, it can end up looking like nothing else.”
“More often than not, if a person is wearing a smile, there is a victim attached somewhere.”
Donald Gorman, Paradox
“I'll probably never fully become what I wanted to be when I grew up, but that's probably because I wanted to be a ninja princess.”
“Why sadness was created?
So we could rest from laughing.”
Nelson M. Lubao
“I decided to irritate him, on the premise that it couldn't make my situation any worse.”
Jeff Somers, The Terminal State
“Real mothers don't just listen with humble embarrassment to the elderly lady who offers unsolicited advice in the checkout line when a child is throwing a tantrum. We take the child, dump him in the lady's cart, and say, "Great. Maybe you can do a better job."
- Real mothers know that it's okay to eat cold pizza for breakfast.
- When you're out of willpower you call on stubbornness, that's the trick.
- Henri Matisse
- Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example.
- La Rochefoucald
- If you let your head get too big, it'll break your neck.
- Elvis Presley
- The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.
- Will Rogers
- Real mothers admit it is easier to fail at this job than to succeed.”
Jodi Picoult, House Rules
- “I'm not mean, I just give people a good reason to hate me”
“Do you want to know the world? Then look at it closely. Do you want to like it? Then look at it from afar.”
Ion Luca Caragiale
“Life is like the stock market. Some days you're up. Some days you're down. And some days you feel like something the bull left behind.”
Paula Wall, If I Were a Man, I'd Marry Me
“A cause may be inconvenient, but it's magnificent. It's like champagne or high heels, and one must be prepared to suffer for it.”
Arnold Bennett, The Title: A Comedy in Three Acts
“If someone wanted to have a grudge against me, or didn't agree with my lifestyle, the way I breathed, the space I took up on this planet, they had an open door to 'report' to the powers that be.”
“I enjoy growing older and wiser and learning from my mistakes every single day.”
“I told a doctor once, "Doc, if you want to know what's inside of me, put down the x-ray and pick up my novel!”
Gerard de Marigny, The Watchman of Ephraim
“Change is not a four letter word...but often your reaction to it is!”
Jeffrey Gitomer, Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Book of Leadership: The 12.5 Strengths of Responsible, Reliable, Remarkable Leaders That Create Results, Rewards, and Resilience
“You know as well as I do, damn you. Like it or not I seem to have grown a heart. I have absolutely no use for the damned thing, but there it sits, demanding Elinor. I can't live without her.”
Anne Stuart, Ruthless
“It is what it is.
You are what you it.
There are no mistakes."
- “Said Buddha to the hot dog vendor, "make me one with everything.”
“Dad, one of my first memories is of sharing my worry with you about the space shuttle poking holes in the atmosphere and letting out all of Earth's air.”
Brent Weeks, The Way of Shadows
- “I'm just like anyone. I cut and I bleed. And I embarass easily
- Michael Jackson”
Michael Jackson, Beat It: Five Finger Piano, Sheet
“They said you can't go to the moon. They said you can't put cheese inside a pizza crust, but NASA did it. They had to, because the cheese kept floating off in space.”
“You can spend a lot of time trying to figure out how men think, and you'll always be wrong. That's because they're so much simpler than we are. They don't think half the time. They just want what they want and then go for it.”
Kim Gatlin, Good Christian Bitches
“You go Picasso!”
Sarah Weeks, So B. It
“Please, God,' Ruth would pray, 'don't let me be competitive. Let me realize what a privilege it is to study. Let me remember that knowledge must be pursued for its own sake and please, please stop me wanting to beat Verena Plackett in the exams.'
- She prayed hard and she meant what she said. But God was busy that autumn as the International Brigade came back, defeated, from Spain, Hitler's bestialities increased, and sparrows everywhere continued to fall.”
Eva Ibbotson, The Morning Gift
“When it came down to it, he just wasn't that engaged. You had to be engaged to be a vegetarian; you had to be engaged to sing "Both Sides Now" with your eyes closed; when it came down to it, you had to be engaged to be a mother.”
Nick Hornby, About a Boy
- “Where there is a will to conquer a man, there is a way to conquer a man.”
Delilah Marvelle, Mistress of Pleasure
“Honesty is the best policy - when there is money in it.”
“I broke my arm in 3 places so I wont be going back to those places.”
“I realized I was officially a professional writer when all my plans began with "drink coffee" and ended with "take a nap.”
“Staying on the fence is safe ... until someone shoots you off!”
“You will die like a dog for no good reason.”
“The good news and the bad news are the same: No one cares!”
“Bleeding is for those who suck enough to get injured.”
- Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.
James B. Conant
- “...it’s just another one of those things I don’t understand: everyone impresses upon you how unique you are, encouraging you to cultivate your individuality while at the same time trying to squish you and everyone else into the same ridiculous mould. It’s an artist’s right to rebel against the world’s stupidity.”
E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly
“Girls have got balls. They're just a little higher up, that's all.”
“I go on the presumption that everyone's full of shit until proven otherwise, and this usually serves me in good stead.”
Dennis Lehane, A Drink Before the War
“... an artist should paint from the heart, and not always what people expect. Predictability often leads to the dullest work, in my opinion, and we have been bored stiff long enough I think.”
E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly
“Thank you very Much, I enjoyed myself”
Richard P. Feynman